Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The Dream Thieves Review

17347389
The Dream Thieves
by Maggie Stiefvater
pages- 439
Hello guys it’s Meagan and today I’m going to be reviewing the sequel to The Raven Boys; The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater…
Now that the ley lines around Cabeswater have been woken, nothing for Ronan, Gansey, Blue, and Adam will be the same. Ronan, for one, is falling more and more deeply into his dreams, and his dreams are intruding more and more into waking life. Meanwhile, some very sinister people are looking for some of the same pieces of the Cabeswater puzzle that Gansey is after... -goodreads.com summery 
First I want to say that this book was great! I give it a 95%! The book was just as good as the 1st book and the plot is still interesting! My one main problem though is that the book is kinda slow… if you can’t read through slow books, this might not be the best book for you… but if you can get through the slow parts, it’s well worth it! As the plot unfolds and everything starts coming together it’s really interesting!
This leads me to my next point that the story can get confusing. The plot is so convoluted that it is easy to get mixed up in everything that is going on with all the different characters and all their backstories. But as I said before when the story begins to come together, it makes all the confusion worth it!
BELOW THERE WILL BE SPOILERS! ANYTHING WRITEN IN ORANGE WILL BE A SPOILER! You have been warned…
        Now I want to talk about the characters… first Adam… now in the 1st book Adam was hands down my favorite character, but I can’t say the same about this book. Now I think Adam was meant to be unlikable in this book and I can see why he would be like that. I mean everything that happened with his dad in the first book (and the whole sacrifice himself thing) I feel like he just couldn’t take it anymore and just snapped…
        Then there was Ronan, who I didn’t like in the 1st book, but I actually started to like in this book! His ability was really interesting, then when you found out that he wasn’t the only one with the ability, it got really interesting. But the dream creature (raven thing) was really creepy! And the dream where Adam turned into the raven thing makes me really nervous because I can’t help but think… what if that’s in there to show that Adam is turning into a monster… just a thought
        Overall the book was great! It was interesting and everything I hoped for in a sequel! If you liked The Raven Boys I defiantly recommend that you go pick this one up!
`For anyone that has read the book… did you like Adam? Was the dream creature creepy for you do? Did you enjoy this more than The Raven Boys?
That’s it for me…

BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment